WHICH SCANNER SHOULD I USE?
We recommend using the AsReader Barcode 1D scanner (with the gun if preferred), which is compatible for iPhone devices only.
For more information, visit The AsReader website.
DO I NEED TO USE A SCANNER?
No, you can simply enter the new count values into the app on a phone, tablet or desktop.
CAN I USE MY OWN SCANNER?
Yes, you can use any scanner that can generate a CSV with the columns 'Barcode' and 'Quantity' and upload the CSV into Tally on step 3.
WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE BEFORE USING THE SCANNER?
- Let the scanner fully charge before each use. This will take approximately 1–2 hours.
- Download the free AsKey app by AsReader. This app will allow you to enter the scanner data into the app.
WHAT IS THE ASKEY APP PRIVACY?
For more information, visit the AsReader site.
HOW DO I USE THE ASKEY APP?
- Enable the custom keyboard after installing the app.
Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard... and select "AsReader".
Go back to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards select "AsKey - AsReader", set "Allow Full Access" to ON.
- Connect AsReader scanner to iPhone/iPod touch.
- Open the Tally app.
- Switch keyboard to AsKey. AsKey will connect with AsReader.
- Press the trigger buttons of the AsReader to scan a barcode. The scanned data will be inputted by the keyboard into Tally.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE "INVENTORY"?
According to Shopify, inventory is defined as the quantity of a particular product that is available for sale.
For more information, visit Shopify's guide to managing inventory.
HOW DO YOU DEFINE "STOCK COUNTING"?
Stock taking is the counting of on-hand inventory. This means identifying every item on hand, counting it and summarising these quantities by item. There may also be a verification step, where the count results are compared to the inventory unit counts in a company's computer system. With Tally, you can easily see the discrepancies found between the new counts and the inventory counts recorded previously on Shopify.
WHAT IS TALLY?
Tally is a comprehensive yet easy-to-use stock count app, which works with either a single location or Shopify's multi-locations inventory tracking feature. The app will allow users to pick the location and the products they are counting, count the inventory, generate discrepancy reports and adjust inventory to the newly counted numbers. The app works well for single stores, pop-up shops, online-only warehouses and multi-location retail operations.
WHAT ARE BEST PRACTICES WHEN USING TALLY APP?
- Make sure you have WIFI in your store or warehouse when doing your inventory count
- Do inventory during closed hours to minimise miscounting while products are being sold
- Only one stock count session should be open (i.e. 'In Progress') per location
- When you enter the new count, this number should not include the number of items sold. That is in fact calculated by the app using the number of products sold on Shopify
- Keep the communication between employees as open as possible, as double counting a product will accumulate the count instead of overwriting them
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR A SUCCESSFUL STOCK COUNT?
- Choose a collection or create one if needed for a stock count
- Pick the location and collection you are counting for the stock count
- ONLY one user should Create the stock count
- Begin counting, make sure each counter is doing a separate item. Multiple counts of the same item by scanners will accumulate.
- View discrepancies and recount if necessary.
- ONLY one user should Update the Shopify inventory.
WHAT ARE THE 5 STEPS IN TALLY?
- Create a new stock count or select an existing stock count
- Creating or loading a stock count
- Do physical count of inventory
- Review the discrepancy report and go back to step 3 to make any required changes
- Update your Shopify store with these new counts
WHAT ARE "INVENTORY DISCREPANCIES"?
An inventory discrepancy is the gap between the last recorded inventory count of a product and the newly counted number.
This discrepancy value can be positive or negative, and we advise that you review large discrepancies as the product may have been accidentally counted more than once.
CAN TALLY HELP ME MANAGE INVENTORY IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS?
To use the full benefits of Tally, your Shopify store needs to have the multi-locations feature enabled. You can read here about multi-location to learn more
HOW MUCH DOES TALLY COST?
You will be billed by Shopify on a recurring charge of $19.00 per month.
IS THERE A FREE TRIAL PERIOD?
Yes, you will get a 14-day free trial period to try out all the amazing features of Tally.